GRANGER — The community of Granger will continue to see upgrades to both its water mains and streets over time.
News and information from Lower Valley businesses
YAKIMA — The Roman Catholic Diocese of Yakima has established a website listing the names of priests and deacons with substantiated allegation…
SUNNYSIDE — The city is just past the halfway mark in the budgeted calendar year, and funds are at or near 50 percent in both revenues and exp…
SUNNYSIDE — A motion to re-divide the amount contributed by each party for the School Resource Officer program failed when the vote split 2-2 …
SUNNYSIDE — Local casual wear design company “Stay Gold Design and Print, Co.” is about to take the spotlight during Fashion Community Week in…
SUNNYSIDE — Acting Fire Captain Mickey Gillie was thrilled to learn he will be headed to Maryland in October to attend the U.S. Fire Administr…
PROSSER — One of the lower valley’s longest serving, most iconic figures, a Prosser hometown boy through and through, has passed.
The following are the results of the July 13-14 AAU Regional Swim meet in Toppenish:
TOPPENISH — One of the American Hop Museum’s major fundraisers of the year is its annual golf tournament at Mt. Adams Country Club.
WAPATO — Renegade Raceway at 1395 N. Track Road is gearing up for its next event.
SUNNYSIDE — While the youngsters are having fun learning the fundamentals of tennis, one parent is happy her children are finding joy in the s…
YAKIMA — Racing enthusiasts can enjoy an evening with the family this coming Saturday, July 20, at Yakima Speedway.
"Neighbors" is a weekly column in the Sunnyside Sun designed to spotlight individuals who live and work in our Lower Valley Communities.
GRANDVIEW — When Gloria Mendoza closed the Vineyard Café about a year ago, she didn’t have a plan for a future business in the downtown space.
One of Congress’ most important Constitutional responsibilities is providing for our military and national defense. For the past 58 years, this has been a bipartisan affair. Members of the House and Senate from both sides of the aisle have come together to pass a bipartisan National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that provides for our military and our troops who fight to protect and defend us.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Yakima posted a page with a document listing names of priests and deacons with substantiated allegations of sexual abuse of a minor on Wednesday, July 10 — more than 17 years following the Boston Globe’s investigation of the scandal titled, “Spotlight Investigation: Abuse in the Catholic Church.”
A Roger Brooks video, detailing the strengths and the weaknesses of navigating Sunnyside, is the basis for a grassroots movement set to shake up our snoozing downtown area.
- Mikey’s Cheese Zombies opens in Granger
- Local woman’s designs receives invite for fashion show
- Get to know... Deb Brumley
- New wine bar officially opens
- Public Record
- SRO program in jeopardy?
- Trusses up on new car lot
- Get to know... Adelita “Cesy” Rodriguez
- Man with sex assault history accused of assaulting teen
- British Girl Treats restaurant finds new home
- Packers by position: Experience everywhere on Packers’ offensive line — except with the guy coaching it
- Audrina Patridge granted temporary restraining order against ex Corey Bohan
- Jenna Dewan's daughter pulled tooth out
- Joe Manganiello stabbed snake with an axe
- Duchess Catherine and Meghan getting on well
- BLM says move will save taxpayers millions, but environmental groups bristle at decision
- SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR KING COUNTY
- Why didn't the NFL discipline Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill
Follow us online!