SUNNYSIDE — The city’s annual Spring Cleanup event attracted residents, along with their pickup trucks and trailers loaded with household tras…
News and information from Lower Valley businesses
MABTON — Motorists will need to travel a detour route to and from Mabton on several dates next month.
SUNNYSIDE — At the May 16 Sunnyside United-Unidos meeting, coalition members learned about what’s drawing youth to gangs and steps that might …
SUNNYSIDE — Mercury vapor lighting is becoming a thing of the past as PacificCorp prepares to brighten the streets of the community with new L…
SUNNYSIDE — SHS seniors Antonio Frausto, Diego Gomez and Enrique Palma, bound together by an on-field brotherhood pledge, will remain united i…
GRANDVIEW — The Central Washington Athletic Conference has named its all-conference players in baseball.
"Neighbors" is a weekly column in the Sunnyside Sun designed to spotlight individuals who live and work in our Lower Valley Communities.
SUNNYSIDE — Roses were the theme of the May 16 officers’ installation ceremony for the 2019-2020 club year.
The top headline on May 22, 1969 was “Dogs to be controlled; sewers to be constructed.” The story told of a special election for Sunnyside voters, deciding on the passage of a new dog leash law and gain the approval of a general obligation bond issue to construct storm sewers in the city in the amount of $175,000.
It is no secret that prescription drug costs are high. When we hear about medications being sold for outrageous prices, it is important to remember that they aren’t necessarily special drugs for specific treatments or rare diseases.
Dear President Trump, In a recent speech, you said, “Our great Patriot Farmers will be one of the biggest beneficiaries of what is happening now.” The statement doesn’t match the experience farmers face today.
Memorial Day lands on Monday, May 27, and the federal day of remembrance is to proudly honor our military men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in serving their country — it’s our duty as Americans to instill an obligation of country over self and that begins with the placing of U.S. flags at local veterans’ graves with residents of all ages taking part.
UPDATE: Sunnyside’s City Council is rescheduling consideration of the proposed ordinance to modify the current zoning prohibiting the retail sale of marijuana. City staff are currently reviewing future calendars with the council to re-schedule this matter. NOTE: This poll is used for community involvement only. Results will not be used in City Council's decision.
- Marilyn Arnold
- Dance company ranks up awards
- Denny’s restaurant is coming
- Man busted in drug sting
- Bridge closures planned in June
- Juan (John) Antonio Cruz
- Clean up is just the beginning
- Major fruit packer to close in October
- How is this illegal? Old laws may seem silly, but can pose serious consequences
- Robert (Bob) Larson
- Bears OTA notebook: Trubisky seeing things more clearly in second offseason with Nagy
- David Tennant to become father for a fifth time
- Jessica Chastain based Dark Phoenix character on Tilda Swinton
- Chance the Rapper needs kidney for his aunt
- Michelle Williams: The dynamic on set has changed since the #MeToo movement
- Sophie Turner missed the 'university experience'
- Marie Osmond asks for prayers for newborn granddaughter
- Richard Madden's real struggle
Follow us online!