European hops study written by Mabton man
National Entertainment News
LOWER VALLEY — Jazzy Guillen, the 15-year-old Prosser young woman who has been battling soft tissue cancer for the past seven months, was home over the last weekend to reconnect with her army of supporters. Jazzy was able to attend the Lady Mustangs’ soccer game on Thursday, Sept. 12.
SUNNYSIDE — The Moxee community float demonstrating the hop harvest process, was selected the Sweepstakes winner at the annual Sunshine Days Parade held Saturday, Sept. 14.
YAKIMA — Since the confirmation of one case of severe lung disease linked to the use of vaping devices was identified last week in Seattle, two more similar cases have since been found.
PROSSER — Retired educator and mother, Kimberly Starr has a message for everyone about mental health and suicide: everyone can change the way they express themselves.
SUNNYSIDE — TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) WA 1576, meets weekly at the Sunnyside Senior Center, 1400 Federal Way, with weigh-in at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. The meeting starts at 1 p.m.
PROSSER — Save the date, if hot air balloons are your thing! The annual Great Prosser Balloon Rally is happening for the thirtieth time Sept. 27-29. Weather permitting, balloons will begin their formal lift off schedule, at dawn on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, beginning Sept. 27, and continue through Sunday, Sept. 29, sunup.
YAKIMA — Thespians, save the date, your talent is needed. The Yakima Valley College Playmasters will host two rounds of auditions for the iconic Rocky Horror Show. Interested actors can report to Yakima Valley College’s Kendall Hall, Building 12 Auditorium on Tuesday, Sept. 24, and again, Wednesday, Sept. 25, at 6 p.m. for open call auditions.
SUNNYSIDE — Hank Timmermans of Sunnyside and Jim Frick of Michigan recalled the excitement of being assigned to babysit Cold War missiles in Germany in the early 1960s, like it was yesterday.
- Grizzlies cage Eagles, 62-0
- Jazzy’s back in the house – at least for the weekend
- Jose Javier Gonzalez, 21, surrenders to police after Mabton school lockdown
- Grandview police nab suspect after Mabton school lockdown
- Mabton theft suspects at-large, police seek help
- Abigael Marquez is Miss Sunnyside 2019-2020
- From senior project to career choice
- Rachel Shaw finds victory and celebration
- Grandview man on Crime Stoppers list arrested
- Andrew Hamil chosen Sunshine Days’ Grand Marshal
- R Flower Farm in full bloom
- Driver killed in I-82 crash, still unidentified
- 2019-20 Miss Sunnyside Court debuts at Sunfair Parade Saturday
- Casares of Sunnyside, convicted for May 2015 gang-related murder
- Sun Reflections: September 18, 2019
- Sunnyside man convicted of May 2015 murder
- Mike Rivera named WIAA Athlete of the Week
- Menus - Sept. 23-27, 2019
Follow us online!