OLDER AMERICAN NUTRITION PROGRAM
National Entertainment News
LOWER VALLEY — Jazzy Guillen, the 15-year-old Prosser young woman who has been battling soft tissue cancer for the past seven months, was home over the last weekend to reconnect with her army of supporters. Jazzy was able to attend the Lady Mustangs’ soccer game on Thursday, Sept. 12.
SUNNYSIDE — The Moxee community float demonstrating the hop harvest process, was selected the Sweepstakes winner at the annual Sunshine Days Parade held Saturday, Sept. 14.
PROSSER — Retired educator and mother, Kimberly Starr has a message for everyone about mental health and suicide: everyone can change the way they express themselves.
SUNNYSIDE — TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) WA 1576, meets weekly at the Sunnyside Senior Center, 1400 Federal Way, with weigh-in at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. The meeting starts at 1 p.m.
SUNNYSIDE — Hank Timmermans of Sunnyside and Jim Frick of Michigan recalled the excitement of being assigned to babysit Cold War missiles in Germany in the early 1960s, like it was yesterday.
SUNNYSIDE —Showcasing fall fashion will be the focus of the annual Nouvella Style Show at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at the former United Methodist Church fellowship hall, South Ninth Street and East Edison Avenue.
BICKLETON — Having started with a few old Studebakers and pick-ups, the annual Labor Day weekend car show has grown to encompass about 140 vehicles over six blocks on the village’s Market Street.
More than 40 vendors displayed their handcrafted items at French Vanilla Market’s patio and parking lot on Saturday, Sept. 7. Bloomerang founder Lori Gardner said a $1 from each admission was donated to Destination Sunnyside, a non-profit community revitalization group.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONNI — Long-time Outlook resident and small business owner, Jonni Norwood, celebrated her 90th birthday in Packwood at the annual Labor Day weekend flea market. It is the only place, as a matter of fact, that Jonni has celebrated her Aug. 30, birthday for the past 50 years.
- Grizzlies cage Eagles, 62-0
- Jazzy’s back in the house – at least for the weekend
- Jose Javier Gonzalez, 21, surrenders to police after Mabton school lockdown
- Grandview police nab suspect after Mabton school lockdown
- Mabton theft suspects at-large, police seek help
- Abigael Marquez is Miss Sunnyside 2019-2020
- From senior project to career choice
- Rachel Shaw finds victory and celebration
- Grandview man on Crime Stoppers list arrested
- Andrew Hamil chosen Sunshine Days’ Grand Marshal
- R Flower Farm in full bloom
- Driver killed in I-82 crash, still unidentified
- 2019-20 Miss Sunnyside Court debuts at Sunfair Parade Saturday
- Casares of Sunnyside, convicted for May 2015 gang-related murder
- Sun Reflections: September 18, 2019
- Sunnyside man convicted of May 2015 murder
- Mike Rivera named WIAA Athlete of the Week
- Menus - Sept. 23-27, 2019
Follow us online!