SUNNYSIDE Cross bearer Arturo Biebrich leads about 250 St. Joseph’s Catholic Church members in the event marking the start of Holy Week. Ignacio Ramos rode the burro, symbolizing Jesus’ return to Jerusalem. More than 800 faithful gathered at the church for the outdoor mass ceremony.
UPDATE: Sunnyside’s City Council is rescheduling consideration of the proposed ordinance to modify the current zoning prohibiting the retail sale of marijuana. City staff are currently reviewing future calendars with the council to re-schedule this matter. NOTE: This poll is used for community involvement only. Results will not be used in City Council's decision.
- Marilyn Arnold
- Sweet deal for sister-brother team
- Renee Rodriguez turns junk into treasures
- Denny’s restaurant is coming
- Juan (John) Antonio Cruz
- New look at ‘Micky-Dees’
- Man accused of threatening girlfriend with gun after assault
- SRO roles, demands highlighted for Council
- Major fruit packer to close in October
- Heartlinks names Moore new director
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Signup today!
- Medicare helps seniors use opioids safely
- Saints sign former Carolina Panthers defensive end Wes Horton
- Chip on shoulder and all, Saints undrafted rookies trying to make a name for themselves
- Cardi B cancels shows to 'fully recover' from her liposuction
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have 'no more drama'
- Gwyneth Paltrow is a 'wonderful' mother
- Mark Pocan calls for impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump
- SEC football countdown: What are the league's best nonconference games?
Follow us online!