"Neighbors" is a weekly column in the Sunnyside Sun designed to spotlight individuals who live and work in our Lower Valley Communities.
National Entertainment News
SUNNYSIDE — Efforts to increase the Sunnyside High School Prevention Club membership, while increasing drug awareness helped Cinthia Santiago-Villanueva earn top youth honors at the annual Washington State Prevention Summit held in Yakima on Nov. 5 and 6.
Glancing back through the Sunnyside Sun pages, here is sampling of the stories published in 1969 reflecting everything that made the Sun the original voice of the community.
SUNNYSIDE — An avid bridge player and certified master of the game, a lover of plays and concert music, Connie Querin has enjoyed a full and colorful life – as her friends will attest.
SUNNYSIDE — While grant writing may not have been a calling, it is certainly an outstanding fit for Sue Jetter, Sunnyside’s expert in grant writing.
GRANDVIEW — All treats, no tricks were the order of the evening at the Second Annual Grandview Rotary Trunk or Treat held on Main Street last Friday, Oct. 25.
GRANGER — A first-time home buyer information fair is coming up Saturday, Oct. 26, at Radio KNDA Community Center in Granger. A full day of educational opportunities for individuals interested in learning strategies to purchase their own home will be offered.
SUNNYSIDE — As a part of the excitement of Sunnyside High School Homecoming Week, held Sept. 30-Oct. 4, the announcement of the 2019 SHS Wall of Fame inductees served as a preamble to the game.
GRANDVIEW —The small conference room and foyer in the back of the city-college shared Grandview Library was lined with both books and readers last weekend. Readers of every age held shopping bags, small boxes and full arms. The Grandview Friends of the Library know how to throw an enticing book sale. They should, after 18 years of book sales and collectively, hundreds of years in the classroom.
- Sunnyside PD social media post calls the question
- Open house planned for city court clerk
- By one vote, Farmer prevails in Council Pos. 5 race
- Police seek help finding armed robbery suspects
- Menus: December 9-13, 2019
- Get to know... Matthew Sagen
- Every vote needed in 2019 General Election local races
- Senior safe driving classes offered
- Coach Vanessa Medina receives volleyball honor
- Anniversary: Sunnyside couple celebrate 50 years of marriage
- Hernandez family passes on gridiron tradition
- Princess Theatre to ‘break a leg’ on new programming
- FruitSmart sold to Universal Corporation
- Minimum wage increases Jan. 1
- Sunnyside Christian lends helping hands
- Grizzly hoops alumni leave mark
- Power outages impact roughly 5,000 Pacific Power customers
- Driver perishes, baby survives
Follow us online!