MABTON — After 30 years of coaching wrestling with 27 of them at Mabton Junior Senior High School, Coach John Kilian has decided to retire from full time coaching.
National Entertainment News
SUNNYSIDE — Even with the state and federal Stay Home orders in effect through the month of April during the current coronavirus pandemic, people still must occasionally travel for groceries and medical appointments.
SUNNYSIDE — Recognized as the company’s longest employed individual, Bleyhl Coop’s Sunnyside fertilizer plant manager Larry Den Boer turned in his company keys today, April 1.
Glancing back through the Sunnyside Sun/Daily Sun News pages, here is a sampling of the stories published throughout the years reflecting everything that made the Sun the original voice of the community.
SUNNYSIDE — When Ruth Todd, R.N., starts talking about footcare, her clients forget to be ticklish as she carefully trims away overgrown nails and files down dried skin forming callus on the soles of their feet.
SUNNYSIDE — “Art is perspective,” explained Chase Reiff, urban muralist, as he added the final outline of color onto the “Remembering the Lost” memorial honoring all the passengers who perished in the Calabasas, Calif. helicopter crash on Sunday, Jan. 26.
GRANDVIEW — Ruth Dirk has gone from working with a paper card catalog to digitalized library cards during her career as an assistant librarian at the Grandview Public Library.
SUNNYSIDE — Dale and Barbara Miller of Sunnyside will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary with friends and family Saturday, Feb. 22, from 3-5 p.m. at Snipes Mountain Brewery and Restaurant, 905 Yakima Valley Highway.
- Yakima Prosecutor's Office releases statement about justice system during the COVID-19 crisis; asks law enforcement to change operations and arrests
- Local COVID-19 testing centers open
- Power tools spark house blaze
- Luis Rivera Salgado
- Retired but not quite finished
- Toppenish Agri Beef employees seek answers in COVID-19 death
- City’s largest festival succumbs to COVID19
- Abandoned school building destroyed in early morning fire
- Larry Den Boer retires today
- School districts tackle feeding kids at home