PROSSER — The Benton County Cattlemen’s Association Banquet hosted by the Walter Clore Wine Center Prosser attracted more than 160 people, Saturday evening.
SUNNYSIDE – The Yakima Lower Valley’s hops harvest coincides with the end of summer and the beginning of fall, around the time football kicks off its season and the competitive demand for savory flavor ingredients by craft and larger breweries provide all twelfth man fans reason to cheer.
LOWER VALLEY — Community residents driving area side roads will soon encounter high boarded farm trucks heaped with portions of the 2019 hops crop. Headed primarily north towards Yakima Chief Hops.
YAKIMA — Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-WA) testified before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee about the significance for improving western water systems on Wednesday, May 1.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A key victory for cherry growers hurt by the unjustified retaliatory tariffs by China was secured last Thursday as U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA), a senior member of the Senate Finance Committee, and Congressman Dan Newhouse (WA-4), a member of the House Appropriations Committee, supported legislation to help growers.
Amber Burnett’s enthusiastic passion for teaching agriculture to kids of all ages continues to inspire those she touched for bringing to life her meaningful farming lessons, which radiated into United Methodist’s preschool classroom last Friday.
Rep. Congressman Dan Newhouse last Wednesday, April 24, toured Ostrom’s Mushroom Farms’ $38 million, 43-acre construction project, led by President and CEO David Knudsen, and learned about the high-tech facilities being currently installed at 1111 Midvale Road.
According to the 2016 American Community Survey, there were 386,531 male and 51,865 female farmers, ranchers and other agricultural managers 16 years and over working full-time, year-round in the U.S.
- Yakima Prosecutor's Office releases statement about justice system during the COVID-19 crisis; asks law enforcement to change operations and arrests
- Local COVID-19 testing centers open
- Power tools spark house blaze
- Luis Rivera Salgado
- Retired but not quite finished
- Toppenish Agri Beef employees seek answers in COVID-19 death
- City’s largest festival succumbs to COVID19
- Abandoned school building destroyed in early morning fire
- Larry Den Boer retires today
- School districts tackle feeding kids at home