OLYMPIA — The Washington State Department of Transportation is extending the deadline of removing studs off tires to April 30.
YAKIMA — Questions about retirement, health, veteran issues and tax filing are a few of the topics to be addressed at the Fourth Congressional District’s 2020 senior symposium for senior citizens and veterans.
SUNNYSIDE — The Yakima County Homeless Network will stage a County Point in Time homeless count Thursday, Jan. 23 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the city Community Center, 1501 S. First St.
SUNNYSIDE — Personal safety and human trafficking will be the topics at the Nouvella Club meeting Thursday, Jan. 16, at noon at Snipes Mountain Brewery and Restaurant, 905 Yakima Valley Highway.
PROSSER — Sabrina Benson will be the musical guest when the Lower Valley Christian Women Connection meet Tuesday, Jan. 14, at 11:30 a.m. at the Barn Restaurant, 490 Wine Country Road.
SUNNYSIDE — There is plenty to do all month at the Sunnyside Community Library 621 Grant Ave., including attending preschool story time on Fridays at 10 a.m., announced Community Library Supervisor Marcelina Ortega.
SUNNYSIDE — Driver safety classes designed for motorists, over age 50, are being offered Tuesday, and Wednesday, Dec. 10 and 11, from 9 -11 a.m., at Sunnyside Presbyterian Church, 737 S. 16th St.
OLYMPIA — Workers across Washington State will see the effects of a 2016 Initiative 1433, which increased the minimum wage. Worker’s pay will bump from $12.00 an hour to $13.50. There are no further large jumps slated for minimum wage workers, after the 2020 increase.
- Yakima Prosecutor's Office releases statement about justice system during the COVID-19 crisis; asks law enforcement to change operations and arrests
- Local COVID-19 testing centers open
- Power tools spark house blaze
- Luis Rivera Salgado
- Retired but not quite finished
- Toppenish Agri Beef employees seek answers in COVID-19 death
- City’s largest festival succumbs to COVID19
- Abandoned school building destroyed in early morning fire
- Larry Den Boer retires today
- School districts tackle feeding kids at home