SUNNYSIDE — Driver safety classes designed for motorists, over age 50, are being offered Tuesday, and Wednesday, Dec. 10 and 11, from 9 -11 a.m., at Sunnyside Presbyterian Church, 737 S. 16th St.
OLYMPIA — Workers across Washington State will see the effects of a 2016 Initiative 1433, which increased the minimum wage. Worker’s pay will bump from $12.00 an hour to $13.50. There are no further large jumps slated for minimum wage workers, after the 2020 increase.
GRANGER — The Missoula Children’s Theatre production of “The Tortoise Versus the Hare’ featuring 60 Granger school students will be presented on stage Saturday, Nov. 23 at 2 p.m. at Roosevelt Elementary School, 405 Bailey Ave.
GRANDVIEW — The Grandview Senior Citizen’s Annual Thanksgiving Party will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 26 at 10:30 a.m., at the Grandview Community Center located at 812 Wallace Way.
SUNNYSIDE — The Sunnyside Sun office, 600 S. Sixth St., will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28 and Black Friday, Nov. 29. It will be open Dec. 2.
GRANDVIEW — The Grandview Community Center at 812 Wallace Way is the site for the Youth Drop-In Program for ages 6 to 18. Participants enjoy the use of the gymnasium and game room. The ongoing schedule for this program is Monday through Thursday, 2:30 to 5 p.m.
SUNNYSIDE — Record breaking cold temps over this past week motivated local residents to break out the winter weather gear early. November 1 chimes in with the winter theme, the day marks the approval for winter gear for the vehicles in Washington State, as well.
GRANDVIEW — Brunch will be served, and the Veterans’ Day tribute entrée is SOS with side dishes, courtesy of the Fred E. Hayes American Legion Post #56 of Grandview on Saturday, Nov. 9, 10 a.m. at the Grandview Community Center, 812 Wallace Way.
PROSSER — LifePoint Church of Prosser will be honoring vets with a meal Saturday, Nov. 9, at 6:30 p.m. catered by Jade’s Bakery and Catering. A short ceremony recognizing local vets will be held.
SUNNYSIDE — Korean War veteran Ed Prilucik Sr. will receive his “quilt of valor” as part of the Veterans Day program on Monday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m. at the Jerry Taylor Veterans Plaza, S. Ninth St. and E. Edison Ave.
SUNNYSIDE — FFA Club members raised funds for the VFW Post No. 3482 to be presented during a Veterans Day Assembly at Sunnyside High School on Wednesday, Nov. 6.
The Prosser United Methodist Women’s Country Fair Bazaar and Lunch is coming up Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at Prosser United Methodist Church at 824 Sixth Street.
- Sunnyside PD social media post calls the question
- Open house planned for city court clerk
- By one vote, Farmer prevails in Council Pos. 5 race
- Police seek help finding armed robbery suspects
- Menus: December 9-13, 2019
- Get to know... Matthew Sagen
- Every vote needed in 2019 General Election local races
- Senior safe driving classes offered
- Coach Vanessa Medina receives volleyball honor
- Anniversary: Sunnyside couple celebrate 50 years of marriage
- Hernandez family passes on gridiron tradition
- Princess Theatre to ‘break a leg’ on new programming
- FruitSmart sold to Universal Corporation
- Minimum wage increases Jan. 1
- Sunnyside Christian lends helping hands
- Grizzly hoops alumni leave mark
- Power outages impact roughly 5,000 Pacific Power customers
- Driver perishes, baby survives
Follow us online!