READY, SET, OPEN – The grand opening of Grocery Outlet attracts Sunnyside city officials and local royalty for today’s 9 a.m. ribbon cutting event, which featured a grocery receipt as the ceremonial ribbon. From left to right, Sunnyside Deputy Mayor Francisco Guerrero, Miss Regal Majesty Audrina Campos, Miss Sunnyside Cynthia Santiago Villanueva, Jenna Richmond, along with her parents and store owners Tonya and Kevin Richmond, Grocery Outlet Company owner Rob Weaver, City Manager Martin Casey, Miss Sunnyside Princess Deira Cortez and Mayor Julia Hart.
UPDATE: Sunnyside’s City Council is rescheduling consideration of the proposed ordinance to modify the current zoning prohibiting the retail sale of marijuana. City staff are currently reviewing future calendars with the council to re-schedule this matter. NOTE: This poll is used for community involvement only. Results will not be used in City Council's decision.
- Marilyn Arnold
- Sweet deal for sister-brother team
- Denny’s restaurant is coming
- Renee Rodriguez turns junk into treasures
- Major fruit packer to close in October
- Juan (John) Antonio Cruz
- Man accused of threatening girlfriend with gun after assault
- Daniel R. Peterson
- SRO roles, demands highlighted for Council
- New look at ‘Micky-Dees’
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily newsletter? Signup today!
- Missouri softball stays alive in NCAA Regionals
- After challenging college career, Manny Wilkins gets to work behind his former ‘coach,’ Aaron Rodgers
- Sophie Turner reassured 'afraid' Tye Sheridan
- Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth want to remake The Bodyguard
- Sophie Ellis Bextor finds five kids 'easier'
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge wanted to be a boy
- Michelle Keegan wouldn't have pressured Mark Wright to quit
- Cara Delevingne thinks applying lipstick is seductive
Follow us online!