UNION GAP — Toppenish woman, 19-year-old Tiana Lee Cloud (also known as Tiana Lee Washington), was arrested for active warrants, possession of a stolen vehicle, and willfully violating a no contact order.
GRANGER – The landmark two-story brick building in the 1000 block of Liberty Road was destroyed by fire in the early morning Thursday, April 2.
U.S. Marshall Gavin Duffy confirmed on Friday, March 27 around noon, the last inmate of six who initially eluded police, Fernando Gustavo Castaneda-Sandoval, 31, of Yakima held on a U.S. Marshall Hold, is in custody.
WIND FED — A dry spring is resulting in more Lower Valley grass fires than normal, as Yakima Valley Fire District #5 crews discovered Sunday, March 22. Firefighters were called a control burn gone rogue near SLI Road and State Route 241. According to YCFD#5 spokesman Joel Byam, the ag-burn f…
YAKIMA — Two men were sentenced on Friday, March 19 for their involvement in the robbery of Yakima restaurant Tacos El Rey on Oct. 8, 2017 and crimes committed while on bail. Francisco Gabriel Madrigal was sentenced to 26.5 years and J. Jesus Chavez-Sanchez was sentenced to 19 years following a judge’s decision in Yakima County Superior Court.
SUNNYSIDE — Daniel Omar Castillo, 37, faced a preliminary appearance in front of Judge Richard H. Bartheld on Wednesday, March 18 for theft of a motor vehicle and possessing tools for motor vehicle theft. Following his hearing, Castillo was released of all charges.
ON THE SCENE — Welch’s Grandview plant at 401 Grandridge Road endured an ammonia leak on Monday, March 23, at approximately 3:05 p.m. Plant engineers were able to contain the problem initially by isolating an exterior valve quite far away from the leak. Emergency response teams assisted with…
SUNNYSIDE — Noe Felipe Acevedo, 21, was seen for a preliminary hearing on March 23 in front of Judge David A. Elofson for third degree assault an officer and harassment.
- Yakima Prosecutor's Office releases statement about justice system during the COVID-19 crisis; asks law enforcement to change operations and arrests
- Local COVID-19 testing centers open
- Power tools spark house blaze
- Luis Rivera Salgado
- Retired but not quite finished
- Toppenish Agri Beef employees seek answers in COVID-19 death
- City’s largest festival succumbs to COVID19
- Abandoned school building destroyed in early morning fire
- Larry Den Boer retires today
- School districts tackle feeding kids at home