One of the great things about living in Sunnyside is our community celebrations, like Sunshine Days. Sunshine Days has a long tradition of a classic, small town parade. The Miss Sunnyside Court is highlighted, there are floats and often local candidates for office participate.
Why do most Republicans live in the middle of the United States, while most Democrats live in the cities? Because the middle of the country is made up of farmers, who still have common sense!
The Sunnyside Police Department would like to thank and acknowledge all those who participated in our National Night Out celebration Tuesday, August 6th, 2019.
Sunnyside Valley Irrigation only has a letter stating that they only accept certified funds for four-year payment (process for foreclosure payment) and not a resolution or bylaw.
Congressman Dan Newhouse recently joined Cathy McMorris Rodgers and others to become the 290th co-sponsor of the Restore Our Parks Act — and I applaud him for it.
Concerns with Ostrom’s Mushroom Factory adding abhorrent smells to our already smelly Sunnyside air quality. Tons and tons of hot messy chicken manure will be brought into this plant.
We would like to express our thanks to the Sunnyside City Council for their vote last Thursday night to keep the current ban on recreational marijuana sales in the city in place.
We appreciate the fact that the City of Sunnyside has now given the public proper notice of a scheduled public hearing regarding a proposal to permit retail sales of recreational marijuana.
I am writing to address concerns I have about how things are reported and/or presented in the Sunnyside Sun in regards to the current ban on marijuana retail stores.
Read your editorial concerning I-1639. It seems you don’t have an understanding of what an assault rifle is. I found this a while back, thought I’d share it with you. Also, when the Sheriff says he will refuse to enforce and unconstitutional law, he is doing his job. He swore to support and defend the U.S. Constitution and the Constitution of Washington State.
- Grizzlies cage Eagles, 62-0
- Jazzy’s back in the house – at least for the weekend
- Jose Javier Gonzalez, 21, surrenders to police after Mabton school lockdown
- Grandview police nab suspect after Mabton school lockdown
- Mabton theft suspects at-large, police seek help
- Abigael Marquez is Miss Sunnyside 2019-2020
- From senior project to career choice
- Rachel Shaw finds victory and celebration
- Grandview man on Crime Stoppers list arrested
- Andrew Hamil chosen Sunshine Days’ Grand Marshal
- R Flower Farm in full bloom
- Driver killed in I-82 crash, still unidentified
- 2019-20 Miss Sunnyside Court debuts at Sunfair Parade Saturday
- Casares of Sunnyside, convicted for May 2015 gang-related murder
- Sun Reflections: September 18, 2019
- Sunnyside man convicted of May 2015 murder
- Mike Rivera named WIAA Athlete of the Week
- Menus - Sept. 23-27, 2019
Follow us online!