Jose Martinez Jr. of Mabton was the top forecaster in the last week’s Football Forecast competition. Martinez correctly predicted 10 of 11 weekend football games. Judy Arevalo of Sunnyside and Sayre Leyendekker of Grandview were absolutely tied for second position.
SUNNYSIDE – The Lady Knights maintained their high-level of on court intensity, along with a determined conference objective in easily defeating the visiting Bickelton Pirates during a 25-6, 25-9, 25-10 sweep Thursday, Oct. 1.
SUNNYSIDE – The Grizzlies made Senior Night one to remember as the defense came up big against Big 9 conference rival Eastmont with a blocked 23-yard field goal at the end of the game to preserve a 29-28 victory Clem Senn Field Friday night.
GRANDVIEW — The Wildcats (3-0, 5-1) continue their league winning streak with a 37-19 win against the Greyhounds (0-2, 0-6) in their 2A CWAC South league game on Friday, Oct. 11 at Rich Leenhouts Stadium.
Prosser High School junior wide receiver Reilly Williams receives a congratulatory helmet slap of acknowledgement after catching a 25 yard touchdown from sophomore quarterback Kaiden Rivera, along with senior wideout Case Reinmuth joining in on the fun during the first quarter homecoming gam…
MABTON — The Vikings (5-0,10-1) beat Dayton/ Waitsburg (1-3,5-10-1) in four sets 25-23,25-22,22-25,25-17 for their 2b Eastern Washington conference game Oct. 10.
Sterling Hazzard of Sunnyside took first place in the weekly Football Forecast game in last week’s competition. He won top spot with his tie breaker score of 46 and tied Tim Briones of Sunnyside with 9 of 11 correct teams picked for the win.
RICHLAND — Cold weather was not a factor for both offenses as the Falcons held off the visiting Grizzlies, 70-42, on Friday, Oct. 11, at Fran Rish Stadium.
SUNNYSIDE — The Sunnyside Christian Knights have been banged up most of the season and limped into their 1B Southeast 8-man, home conference game against a visiting Irish team seeking to get back on the winning side as DeSales snapped their two game losing streak with a 64-6 victory at Clem …
SUNNYSIDE — Building confidence and working to win at home was the message left on the volleyball court after the Grizzlies battled the visiting Wenatchee Panthers but were up ended during a hard-fought 25-12, 25-20, 25-21 sweep Thursday night.
The Rounds family members, near and far, are dominating the weekly Football Forecast game. This week it was Dave Rounds of Portland, Ore., who took top spot with 10 of 11 correctly forecasted football games, with 11 of 11 in week five of the game. David Golden of Sunnyside came in second with 10 correct picks. Congratulations to both winners!
TEKOA —The Sunnyside Christian Knights (1B Columbia Gorge, 2-2 and 2-3) lost to the Tekoa-Rosalia Timberwolves (3-0 and 4-1) conference matchup 82-34 on Friday, Oct. 4.
National Sports News
- Martina Charvet, Roger Hazzard named to the SHS Wall of Fame
- And then there were three top forecasters in week 7
- Leopards struck by Lightning in 42-14 loss
- Knights overpower Indians, 50-20
- Greyhounds beat Wolves in 29-0 win
- Clean drinking water is forum topic
- Abby Rodriguez earns President’s Scholarship at Baldwin Wallace University
- 2019 flu season well underway
- Roger Swigart’s family voices plea for justice
- Abraham Ulises Peña
- Mabton Volleyball honors former coach Scott Sexton
- Grizzlies block field goal on last play, win 29-28 over Eastmont
- Sunnyside man injured in midnight crash
- Driving under the influence lands man in emergency room
- Sunnyside man charged with three domestic violence violations
- Get to know... Daisy Rivera
- Village Etiquette: Daily good deed do-er, or bust
- Marcelina Cerda
Follow us online!