RENTON – Sunnyside High School senior football wide receiver Mike Rivera has been selected Washington Interscholastic Activities Association/Wendy’s Athlete of the Week for Sept. 8-16 on Wednesday.
TOPPENISH — Solid offensive pressure and defensive execution led the Knights to a 42-12 victory over Yakama Nation Tribal Eagles at A.C. Meagher Stadium last Friday.
GRANGER — The game came down to the wire last Friday the 13th. The Spartans gave up an interception in the last two minutes of the game, which preserved a victory for Wahluke.
GRANGER — Twelve teams competed in the recent girls’ volleyball jamboree including; Granger, Zillah, Mabton, and Sunnyside Christian. The first match started at 11 a.m., Saturday Sept. 7.
WALL WALLA — Sunnyside Christian started their 2019 season with a 1B non-conference loss to the DeSales Irish, 62-20 at Ty Baffney Field in Walla Walla, on Friday, Sept. 6.
KIONA BENTON — The Greyhounds took an 8-point lead into the fourth quarter but were unable to hold on as the Bears scored 20 unanswered points to win 26-15 at home, Friday night.
MABTON — The Vikings stood their ground with a grueling 15-7 victory against the Spartans on a hot summer Saturday afternoon at Keith Morris Field.
PROSSER — Two first quarter interceptions by Sunnyside High School senior Jonathan Sanchez led to 16 unanswered points as the Grizzlies rolled to a 35-13 non-conference road win over the Prosser Mustangs at Art Fiker Stadium last Friday night.
GRANDVIEW — Continuing to make strides, the Greyhounds’ football team is gearing up, with their first game on Friday, Sept. 6, against Kiona-Benton. Coach Darren Mezger is confident in his teams’ progress thus far.
SUNNYSIDE – There is no taking off any plays in eight-man football – it’s a game of speed and timing and that was the message delivered to both Sunnyside Christian High School junior and varsity players by head coach Jeremy Thomas bright and early Saturday morning.
SUNNYSIDE — John Lobbestael is entering his fifth year as Sunnyside High School football head coach and exuberated excitement for their upcoming season by expressing his team’s goal to win all league games.
National Sports News
- Grizzlies cage Eagles, 62-0
- Jazzy’s back in the house – at least for the weekend
- Jose Javier Gonzalez, 21, surrenders to police after Mabton school lockdown
- Grandview police nab suspect after Mabton school lockdown
- Mabton theft suspects at-large, police seek help
- Abigael Marquez is Miss Sunnyside 2019-2020
- From senior project to career choice
- Rachel Shaw finds victory and celebration
- Grandview man on Crime Stoppers list arrested
- Andrew Hamil chosen Sunshine Days’ Grand Marshal
- R Flower Farm in full bloom
- Driver killed in I-82 crash, still unidentified
- 2019-20 Miss Sunnyside Court debuts at Sunfair Parade Saturday
- Casares of Sunnyside, convicted for May 2015 gang-related murder
- Sun Reflections: September 18, 2019
- Sunnyside man convicted of May 2015 murder
- Mike Rivera named WIAA Athlete of the Week
- Menus - Sept. 23-27, 2019
Follow us online!