OPEN CLASS (41 Teams): 1, LeAnne Wolf, Jason Robinson, Larry Wolf, 6 cows, 69.23 sec.; 2, Jason Robinson, Cayley Rishor-Olney, Beth Rishor, 6, 72.36; 3, Larry Wolf, Cayley Rishor-Olney, LeAnne Wolf, 6, 76.58; 4, Larry Wolf, Fred Young, Jessica Martinez, 6, 80.26; 5, Emily Vanausdl, Wyatt Crowley, John Schieche, 6, 82.05.
Cascade Bicycle Club member Marco Behar of West Seattle and recently retired Seattle Public Schools teacher, sets up his tent after riding the fifth leg of the Eastern Washington tour which encompassed about 350 miles and 20,000 feet in elevation range over the six-day biking adventure.
PROSSER — When most people think of Mt. Everest, they envision an unattainable climb. But for 60-year-old Mary Jo Oldfield of Prosser, it is another chapter in her lifelong athletic journey.
PROSSER — A portion of Sixth Street in Prosser was blocked off with bright orange cones and barricades sentineled the street corners as eager volunteers helped to create a competitive, on street space for the annual 3 on 3 basketball tourney held last weekend.
TRI-CITIES — It’s Water Follies weekend on the Columbia River and hydroplanes will be warming up the water for three days beginning Friday night, July 26 on the 2.5-mile Columbia River Course.
SUNNYSIDE — The day began bright and sunny, with clouds and a thunderstorm looming while golfers with the Mid-Columbia Senior Golf Tour took their shots on the course at Black Rock Creek Golf Course last Wednesday, June 26.
SUNNYSIDE — Astria Sunnyside Foundation’s annual Golf “Fore” Health Tournament teed off at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start of 65 golfers at Black Rock Creek Golf Course on Friday, June 14.
SUNNYSIDE — The alleyway doors of the Dungeon Boxing Club swung open like a powerful, one-two combination of physical training in step with a determined goal for helping youth.
YAKIMA — To reduce the risk of wildfires, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) will again restrict target shooting on the 105,000-acre Wenas Wildlife Area near Yakima and Ellensburg.
It’s almost that time of year again… motorcycles and adrenaline junkies will be providing thrills and spills on the hill at Dry Creek Recreation Area in just more than a week.
National Sports News
- Martina Charvet, Roger Hazzard named to the SHS Wall of Fame
- And then there were three top forecasters in week 7
- Leopards struck by Lightning in 42-14 loss
- Knights overpower Indians, 50-20
- Greyhounds beat Wolves in 29-0 win
- Clean drinking water is forum topic
- Abby Rodriguez earns President’s Scholarship at Baldwin Wallace University
- 2019 flu season well underway
- Roger Swigart’s family voices plea for justice
- Abraham Ulises Peña
- Mabton Volleyball honors former coach Scott Sexton
- Grizzlies block field goal on last play, win 29-28 over Eastmont
- Sunnyside man injured in midnight crash
- Driving under the influence lands man in emergency room
- Sunnyside man charged with three domestic violence violations
- Get to know... Daisy Rivera
- Village Etiquette: Daily good deed do-er, or bust
- Marcelina Cerda
Follow us online!