Sunnyside bus driver, Fidel Amaro, took some time away from driving bus to go hunting in Bickleton. Amaro shot a 4-point buck at 26 yards with his bow and arrow last Thursday, Sept. 16.
Peyton Robinson, of Prosser, dodges a bull on Saturday, August 14 at the Yakima Valley Fair and Rodeo. Robinson was a National Jr. High Qualifier for bareback steers and bulls. Robinson was fortunate to walk away from the bull unharmed. See more rodeo photos on Page B1.
The Columbia River is the largest river in the Pacific Northwest with a variety of species within the river – rising in the Rocky Mountains, then in the border of Oregon, the river empties out in the Pacific Ocean.
ALDER CREEK RODEO — Quite a crowd of rodeo enthusiasts gathered around the arena and grandstands for views of the timed cow milking event during Sunday’s rodeo held each year during the Alder Creek Pioneer Picnic and Rodeo in Cleveland. The 110-year rodeo is the oldest in the state.
The 2021 Washington State Open Cribbage Championships, played at the Sunnyside VFW May 14, 15 and 16, was the first sanctioned Cribbage tournament held in Washington State this year.
National Sports News
- Icy hot
- A tribute to Dr. King
- Knights win with 40-point advantage over Eagles
- 100 best 'Twilight Zone' episodes of all time
- Snow day, all day
- 10 tips to beat your to-do list
- How the housing market changed in 2021
- Better than the original? 10 TV shows based on movies
- Pow! I could have been Batman! These actors all missed out on playing The Caped Crusader...
- Most popular girl names in the 70s in Washington
- Prosser Memorial announces limited COVID-19 testing
- Head-on collision ends in three fatalities
- Learning Center reopens to in-person instruction
- Testing helps minimize spread of infection
- Wellness Wednesday: Tea remedies that are game changers
- Larissa Leon to be special guest at United Way fundraiser
- Toppenish schools move to remote learning
- Yakama Nation to receive $1.7M COVID relief grant